OLPH GYM MISSION & POLICIES
The facility is an extension of the mission of OLPH Church and School. The gymnasium, in particular, is a space to encourage fun, fair play, goodwill and Christian fellowship for all OLPH members.
Hours of Operation:
May – October:
Monday – Thursday 7:00-9:00 pm
November – April
Monday – Thursday 5:00-9:00 pm
Facility will be closed during Holy Days, Holidays, and Special Church Activities. Hours may be reduced based on utilization.
Use of the Facility:
1. The OLPH Gym and Conditioning Track are open to OLPH members and guests accompanied by a member.
2. Sign-in is required at each visit.
3. A Hold Harmless agreement must be on file for everyone who utilizes the gym. The agreement is good for one year (September 1 through August 31 of the following year).
4. Christian conduct is expected at all times. All participants are expected to refrain form foul language, and to treat others with dignity and respect.
5. Reservations for use of the gym or fields must be made through the athletic director.
Scheduling the Gym
1. Reservations may be made in advance for designated day and times, through the Athletic Director and must be made by the parishioner.
2. Cancellation of reserved gym time must be made 24 hours in advance. Failure to cancel reservations can lead to forfeiting of day and time.
3. School age OLPH teams have first use of gym or fields during their sport season.
4. Scheduled activities have precedence over free play. In this event a 24 hour notice will be given.
1. Children 12 and under must be accompanied by and adult when in the gym, or on the conditioning track. All teams must be accompanied by one or more adult coaches.
2. No racing. The walking/jogging track is to be used specifically for conditioning. The rail side (inside) of the track is for jogging and the wall side (outside) is for walking.
3. No Athletic equipment is allowed on the track, and nothing is to be thrown from or onto the track from the floor. (No balls on the track, and no shooting from the track).
4. No dunking allowed. No hanging from the goals or curtains.
5. No members are allowed to make adjustments to the goals, curtain or equipment. Facility staff will assume all responsibility of gym arrangement.
6. No Street shoes, cleats or black-soled shoes on the gym floor or track. Appropriate apparel is required at all times.
7. No food or drink at anytime in the gym or on the walking track, unless approved by facility Administrator in designated area.
8. All equipment used during play must be returned to its proper storage place. Individuals or groups who use OLPH equipment or property will be financially responsible for equipment that is damaged, lost destroyed or stolen.
9. Guest must arrive and leave with Parish member.
10. All play must begin and end at their scheduled time.
11. Any situation not covered in theses policies will be acted upon at the discretion of the Facility Administrator and Athletic Ministry.
12. No Alcohol is allowed in the gym or lobby.