GENERAL VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES
CLICK HERE to view all available Volunteer Opportunities for general park operations such as clean up, concessions, league-wide events, etc. These positions are not subject to the mandatory training, certification, or background checks.
We're using SignUp.com to organize our upcoming Volunteer Opportunities.
Here's how it works in 3 easy steps:
1) Click this link to see our SignUp on SignUp.com: https://signup.com/go/DKySVhz
2) Review the options listed and choose the spot(s) you like.
3) Sign up! It's Easy - you will NOT need to register an account or keep a password on SignUp.com.
Estamos utilizando SignUp.com para organizar nuestras próximas Oportunidades de voluntariado.
Así es como funciona en 3 sencillos pasos:
1) Haga clic en este enlace para ver nuestro SignUp en SignUp.com: https://signup.com/go/DKySVhz
2) Revise las opciones enumeradas y elija los lugares que desee.
3) ¡Regístrate! Es fácil: NO necesitará registrar una cuenta o mantener una contraseña en SignUp.com.
Coaches are the most important component in our success, and we sincerely appreciate your willingness to donate your time and expertise to our program. It is a rewarding position that changes the lives of children in our community.
Coaches provide our kids a fun and exciting opportunity to engage in organized baseball while emphasizing development in teamwork, participation, and sportsmanship. Coaches teach baseball and provide kids in our community with opportunities to play, learn, and grow, inspiring them to recognize their potential and realize their dreams. Coaches have a direct and meaningful impact on the positive development of the kids they coach. You will help turn today's youth into tomorrow's leaders.
4U Coaches - Commit to (1) 30 minutes practice each week and (1) 45 mins game each week
6U Coaches - Commit to (2) 1 hr 30 minutes practice each week and (1) 1 Hr 15 mins game each week
8U Coaches - Coach Pitch. Commit to (2) 1 hr 30 minutes practice each week and (1) 1 Hr 30 mins game each week
10U Coaches - Commit to (2) 1 hr 30 minutes practice each week and (1) 1 Hr 45 mins game each week
12U Coaches - Commit to (2) 1 hr 30 minutes practice each week and (1-2) 1 Hr 45 mins game each week
*Weeknight games may be scheduled in lieu of practice.
- All coaches are expected to fulfill his/her commitment to our children and must attend all practices and games for the current season.
- Commit to approximately 6-8 hours per week, with two practices a week and games on Saturdays or weeknights in lieu of practices.
- Must possess the ability to work with other coaches, umpires, board members, parents, and most importantly - children!
- Must be passionate about youth development and an effective communicator.
- Strong organization skills and the ability to multi-task
- Highly motivated self-starter; can work independently
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must be able to pass a back ground check and complete the Hillsborough County volunteer certification class or online NAYS training
Benefits of volunteering at Town 'N Country Baseball:
- Gain invaluable experience and opportunities for professional development at non-profit organization;
- Receive an optional professional reference upon completion of your volunteer term;
- Join an incredible community of passionate staff and volunteers.
If interested, you should CLICK HERE to sign up online
Coaches and Board Member Mandatory Training and Certification Overview
The Athletics Youth Sports Section provides the mandatory training required for all volunteers and coaches. From Hillsborough County's 58 partnered programs to the user-groups renting fields and facilities, requirements for volunteers are the same across the board. Florida requires youth sports volunteers to pass background checks. Athletes, parents and coaches must also comply with Florida's new law regarding concussions and related sports injuries; all volunteers must take a mandatory coach's training class.