Important Documents for all new Caln AA Tee Ball ParentsAge: 4-6 (Tee Baseball)
Download 2017 Tee Ball Parent's Packet
VP: Ryan Borneman Email: email@example.com
Introduction: Our Tee baseball Division consists of pre-kindergarten children. Age is based on the player’s age as of September 1st of the current year. This division, in most cases, is the first exposure to the sport for most of the kids. It is imperative for the coaches and parents to understand this and make it a positive experience for them. The coaches will be focusing on the basic fundamentals of the game and also explaining the rules of the game.
UNIFORMS: Caln Little League will provide jersey shirts and hats. Parents can expect to purchase a baseball glove/mitt, a bat, white pants and plastic baseball spikes. Protective cups are required in the Tee Ball division. Batting helmets are provided, but parents are welcome to provide their son with a Little League approved helmet.
BATS: Bats need to be approved for little league play. Please check with the Director or Head Coach - or access the approved bat list on Little League International web page for each year. Bats for little league play have 2 ¼” barrels and are made from aluminum alloy, composite or wood.
FIELDS: Practices and games are typically played at the fields located behind the Caln Elementary School. On occasion, games may also be played on the softball field located next to the main snack bar facility. Click here to view field layout.
What is Expected from Players?
- Players will learn the basics of pitching, hitting, throwing and fielding.
- Players will learn the ready step, prepared to field the ball, learning what to do if the ball is hit to them
- Players will learn how to be coached and to be a member of a team.
- Players will learn by practicing drills, throwing around the bases, hitting off the "tee" and fielding ground balls.
- Players will develop hand-eye coordination and bat swing-techniques without the fear of being hit by a pitched ball.
- Players will develop an awareness of fielding positions.
- Players will develop throwing overhand with proper mechanics, building arm strength and accuracy.
What is Expected from Volunteers and Parent Coaches?
- Head and Assistant Coaches need to complete a criminal background check and state child abuse certification by Opening Day. Learn more here. There is no cost for the background check and child abuse certification.
- Head and Assistant Coaches should learn how to run a good practice with drills. Download Official Tee Ball Coach's Guide Here.
- Parents on the field of play working with children, must have completed a criminal background check and child abuse clearance.
- Head and Assistant Coaches will be given a roster of players with contact information.
- All player information is confidential and not to be given out to anyone or used for any other purpose than to afford team practices and games.
GAME RULES: The Official Little League Rule Book will be used for the Caln LL programs, unless superseded by one of the following special Caln Little League Rules:
- We have adopted a continuous batting order (rule 4.04).
- Game length is limited to one (1) hour.
- Each half inning is completed after all batters have batted.
- There is no bunting allowed.
PRE-GAME PREPARATION & SET-UP, POST GAME CLEAN-UP
Both teams are in charge of field set-up, which is to include:
- Layout of foul lines and batter's box;
- Raking of base paths, batter's box, skin infield areas and pitchers mound;
- Placing of bases and removal of them at the conclusion of the game;
- Each team is to supply one (1) game baseball;
- Raking the field after the conclusion of the game;
- Ensuring all trash is removed from the benches and placed in the proper containers.
- In case of inclement weather during the day, both Head Coaches should be at the field early to prep it for the game.
- It is expected that all players receive equal playing time with at least one inning in an infield position.
- Evenings games should be called at dusk when visibility creates a hazardous situation.
- Head and Assistant Coaches must be properly attired with Team Baseball Hat, League issued or matching team shirt, pants/shorts, baseball shoes with rubbers spikes (metal cleats not permitted)/sneakers. Cutoffs and sleeveless shirts are not permitted.
- Both Head Coaches at the field decide rain-outs. Every effort should be made to get the game in. Decisions should be made at the field unless a downpour is occurring.
- Makeup games must be scheduled through the League VP.
Equipment and Uniforms
- A Head Coach/team may not assess players a fee, or request payment for, any uniforms including, special hat, shirts, socks, etc., or equipment such as bats, helmets, etc., without expressed permission of the Board of Directors.
- Player's names are not permitted on the back of the uniform shirt.
- Only uniforms supplied by the League are permitted.
- Uniforms should not be worn in travel ball outside Caln LL.
- All equipment must meet Little League, Inc. safety requirements.