NEW LAWS FOR OUR SOCCER COMMUNITY For your child to play in DYAA you must register and log into the Ohio South Soccer website and register your player and fill out two forms, Lindsay's Law and Ohio Concussion Law
Information on what is needed can be fond on this site. http://delaware.osysalive.com/home
WHY DO WE HAVE THESE LAW'S....
Recent abuse scandals have changed the landscape of youth sports nationwide forever. The details of these cases, and others since, have shocked us all. Federal and State laws are now in place that all of us have to follow. Accordingly, the Ohio South Board of Directors has chosen to upgrade many of its operating systems and Risk Management processes to meet and comply with these regulations and laws. In addition, the OSYSA Risk Management policy has also been updated to reflect these changes.It is something we do willingly as a service to our members and for the safety of all of the children involved in our organization.
The Four Pillars of Risk • Beginning Fall 2019
Our focus is to improve the safety of the playing environment for all youth soccer players in Ohio South.
The following four Risk Management requirements, called SafeSoccer by Ohio South, are now required by Federal law, State law and/or Ohio South for all member rec and competitive leagues, competitive clubs, and all designated cited adults below involved in Ohio South Youth Soccer. As we head into the 2019 – 2020 season, it is critical that all leagues and clubs are aware of their obligations.
1. Lindsay's Law PLAYER AND COACH
All players and cited adults below as required to register will also be required to sign off on Lindsay's Law. This is done during registration in Stack. Member leagues and clubs will no longer have to collect the physical paperwork for this.
LINDSAY'S LAW INFORMATION
2. Ohio Concussion Law: Return to Play PLAYER AND COACH
All players and cited adults below as required to register will also be required to sign off on Ohio Concussion Law. This is done during registration in Stack. Member leagues and clubs will no longer have to collect the physical paperwork for this.
3. SafeSport Online Training COACH AND TEAM ADMIN
All adults cited below as required to register will also be required to complete SafeSport Training and Education.
- For those adults that have not yet completed the training, the SafeSport completion certificate will automatically be uploaded into your profile. This is one of our system wide upgrades and OSYSA/Stack Sports investments.
- For those adults that have completed the training, the platform will also have an ‘upload’ feature that will transfer the certificate into your profile.
- Further instructions for SafeSport training will be sent out in the coming weeks. SafeSport has been turned on across all Ohio South league and club Stack systems as of last Thursday (located in the Abuse Prevention section of the three uploads for coaches in their Member Account).
- Click here for instructions on how to complete SafeSport training through your Stack account.
4. Background Checks COACH AND TEAM ADMIN good for two years.
All adults cited as required to register in item (1) will also be required to complete a background check. Ohio South has chosen NCSI as our background check provider. NCSI is the chosen provider of the US Olympic Committee (USOC), who governs all Olympic Sports Governing bodies including US Soccer. They are also the only background screen endorsed by the National Council of Youth Sports. This is another of our system wide upgrades and investments.
BACKGROUND CHECK INFORMATIONhttps://www.osysa.com/safesoccer/
- For those adults that have not yet had a background check, the NCSI background screening results will automatically be uploaded into your profile. This is one of our system wide upgrades and NCSI/Stack Sports investments.
- For those adults that have completed a valid background check that will not expire until the 2020 -2021 season, the platform will carry over your status.
- The cost of the check for competitive coaches is $18.00 and will be paid by the end user. Ohio South has elected to bear the cost of all recreational coaches until further notice. Clubs and leagues will have the option to have the individuals pay for the check themselves (common in a lot of other State associations and other sporting entities), reimburse the individuals or purchase ‘coupon codes’ that they can provide to individuals.
- Based on 2 coaches and 1 admin per team, this works out to approximately $3.00 per player to make them safer. We would hope that most parents would not take issue with OSYSA trying to make the environment safer for their child.
- Further instructions on background checks, how to pay, etc. will be sent out in the next few weeks.
- The simplest way to finance this program is to engage your club in the KickCash member benefit that was launched earlier this year. To date, most competitive clubs are vastly underutilizing this cash back benefit. Our latest research shows that clubs are leaving TENS OF THOUSANDS of dollars on the table.
- Engagement in the program will see your club not only pay for all background checks – but still have the ability to make significant capital for your club.