GENERAL VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES
CLICK HERE to view all available Volunteer Opportunities for general park operations such as clean up, concessions, league-wide events, etc. These positions are not subject to the mandatory training, certification, or background checks.
We're using SignUp.com to organize our upcoming Volunteer Opportunities.
Here's how it works in 3 easy steps:
1) Click this link to see our SignUp on SignUp.com: https://signup.com/Group/57019475258370011/
2) Review the options listed and choose the spot(s) you like.
3) Sign up! It's Easy - you will NOT need to register an account or keep a password on SignUp.com.
Estamos utilizando SignUp.com para organizar nuestras próximas Oportunidades de voluntariado.
Así es como funciona en 3 sencillos pasos:
1) Haga clic en este enlace para ver nuestro SignUp en SignUp.com: https://signup.com/Group/57019475258370011/
2) Revise las opciones enumeradas y elija los lugares que desee.
3) ¡Regístrate! Es fácil: NO necesitará registrar una cuenta o mantener una contraseña en SignUp.com.
Coaches and Board Member Mandatory Training and Certification Overview
The Athletics Youth Sports Section provides the mandatory training required for all volunteers and coaches. From Hillsborough County's 58 partnered programs to the user-groups renting fields and facilities, requirements for volunteers are the same across the board. Florida requires youth sports volunteers to pass background checks. Athletes, parents and coaches must also comply with Florida's new law regarding concussions and related sports injuries; all volunteers must take a mandatory coach's training class.
- In-person volunteer training classes are free and good for two years
- Online concussion classes are free
- The online volunteer training class is $20 and good for one year
- The fee covers the training and membership into the National Youth Sports Coaches Association
Things To Consider
- The following pertains to all in-person classes:
- Good for two years
- Take place at All People's Life Center 6105 east Sligh Avenue Tampa FL 33617
- Start promptly at 7:00 p.m.
- Class instructors are also volunteers, please be respectful
- All coaches must take CPR, First Aid, and AED class
- CPR, First Aid, AED class counts for the CPR, First Aid, AED requirement and the volunteer training requirement
- Concussion class counts for the concussion requirement and the volunteer training requirement
- Hillsborough Class schedules will be announced
- For more information or to get the latest schedule of classes, please [email protected]
- You will receive an email confirmation listing the date(s) of the classes you are registered for
- Bring a printout of the confirmation with you to class
Concussion training classes are available at the following online sites:
Online Volunteer Training