- Payments can be made by cash, check, Visa or MasterCard.
- A deposit of $215 is due within 5 days of acceptance or on November 27th, whichever is sooner. You can also pay in full at this time if you prefer.
- Final Payment is due by December 8th. You can make as many smaller payments between your deposit date and the final payment date as needed.
- If paying with a Visa or MasterCard there will be a $3 processing fee for EACH transaction (ex. if you make 3 payments you will be charged an additional $9.)
- To make a credit card payment you can call the Recreation Department Monday-Friday 9am-4pm at 413-538-5030 x6188 or come into the office located in the Town Hall at 116 Main St, South Hadley. *Please note credit card payments will not be able to be accepted over the phone or in the office 11/8/2023 - 11/14/2023. If your deposit is due during this time frame you will have until November 17th to make your payment.
- Check payments can be dropped off to the South Hadley Recreation Department Monday-Friday 9am-4pm or mailed to South Hadley Recreation Department, 116 Main St, South Hadley MA 01075. Checks should be made out to South Hadley Recreation Department and the participants name should be on the memo line.
- If you are bringing your check to the office please bring it in a sealed envelope with the participant's name on it. If someone is not in the office to collect your payment you can slide it under the door.
- Checks can also be dropped off in the lock box that is located outside between the Town Hall and Police Station. If dropping a check in the lock box please make sure the sealed envelope says South Hadley Recreation Department along with the participant's name.
- If you are looking to pay with cash, please email Danielle at [email protected] to set up a time to come into the office to make your payment.
South Hadley's Ski & Snowboard Club for 2024 is open to students currently in grades 5-8 that are South Hadley residents or attend Michael E. Smith Middle School.
- Parents can drop off equipment off at Michael E. Smith Middle School between 7:00-7:30am. No equipment is allowed on the bus that takes kids to school. Specific instructions on drop off procedures will be sent at a later date.
- No student is to be dropped off with equipment before 7:30am
- The MESMS and the SHRD are NOT responsible for any lost or stolen items.
- After school ends students may get their equipment and change into proper ski wear. No ski boots are to be worn on the bus.
Helmets are to be worn at all times while skiing/snowboarding. If a child is caught without a helmet, she/he will be warned once; a second infraction will result in her/hiss pass being suspended for the remainder of the day.
DROP OFF AND PICK UP PROCEDURE
Children should be ready at MESMS by 2:40pm. The bus will depart for Bousquet Mountain at exactly 2:40pm - no exceptions will be made. Parents must pick up their children's between 9:00-9:15pm at MESMS. No child will be released to anyone other than the appointed parent unless a list of other acceptable people is given to a supervisor prior to the bus leaving MESMS. Do not send anyone not on the list to pick up your child. Please be on time when picking up your child/children. Be considerate of our chaperones, they have just spent seven fun but very exhausting hours supervising the skiers and would like to go home. We will not leave a child unsupervised. If you are more than 10 minutes late in picking your child up, your primary phone number will be called, then your emergency phone number. If we are unable to reach you and/or your emergency contacts, the South Hadley Police Department will be called.
The South Hadley Recreation Department (SHRD) has adopted a zero-tolerance policy for this program. It is a privilege for the participants to take part in this event - any behavior deemed detrimental to the program by a supervisor and/or ski instructor will result in the student being immediately dismissed from the program. If your child is dismissed from the program NO REFUND WILL BE GIVEN! No staff member, child or Bousquet Mountain patron shall be subjected to verbal or physical abuse by a child enrolled in this program. This includes, but it not limited to humiliation, foul or abusive language or ridicule.
- If your child "skips" his/her lesson, your child will not be allowed to attend the program the following week. A second offense will result in your child being removed from the program. NO REFUND WILL BE ISSUED.
- If at any time Bousquet Mountain personnel or a supervisor feels your child is skiing/snowboarding in a reckless or unsafe manner, we will pull your child's ticket for the remainder of the day. Your child will also not be allowed to attend the program the following week. NO REFUNDS WILL BE ISSUED.
- The primary goal of these discipline measure is to ensure the safety of the group and to remain in good standing with Bousquet Mountain and the bus company. Behavior determined to be detrimental to the program is at the discretion of the supervisors. Due to the nature of the program, students will not have the benefit of a "second chance." Since parents will not be immediately available to discuss the behavioral issues, once determined by he supervisors all the discipline decisions are final. If a participant is dismissed from the program, A REFUND WILL NOT BE GRANTED UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE.
CHECK IN POLICY
In order to ensure the safety of all participants, the South Hadley Ski & Snowboard Club will require participants to check in hourly with an assigned supervisor. A group of ten students will be assigned to a supervisor, and students are responsible for checking in with that supervisor at these times throughout the evening.
2:40pm - Check in at MESMS
3:45-4pm - Check in at Bousquet Mountain
4:50pm - Check in at Lodge
5:00pm - Lessons Start
6:40pm - Check in at Lodge
7:30pm - Check in at the end of open ski at lodge & THEN return any rented equipment
7:45pm - Check in prior to bus departing Bousquet Mountain
9:00-9:15pm - Check out with student and parent/guardian at MESMS
If a student purposely disregards a check in with their appropriate supervisor at the given time, he/she will be treated as missing and located by ski patrol. He/she will not be allowed to participate for the rest of the evening. They will spend the remaining time in the lodge with their supervisor, and further discipline may follow if deemed necessary.
- In the event the SHRD cancels the program, you will receive a full refund. Please allow at least 30 business days for a refund check to be processed.
- SHRD refund deadline is December 8th, and will only be processed if a replacement participant can be found.
- Prior to January 2, 2024 Bousquet will issue a refund for their fees ONLY (the SHRD Admin/Bus fee is NON-REFUNDABLE). Once the program has started no refund will be given under any circumstance.
- If the program is canceled due to inclement weather or no snow, no refunds will be give. The SHRD will attempt to coordinate a make-up day with Bousquet Mountain, however transportation will only be provided if a bus is available. If a make-up day cannot be coordinated no refunds will be given.
- Single absences will not be refunded
- If a participant is dismissed from the program for disciplinary issues, a refund will not be granted under any circumstance.
- If a participant is injured during the Ski & Snowboard Club and must be transported to a hospital, he/she will be taken to Berkshire Medical Center in Pittsfield, MA
- No student is allowed back into the school after 2:30pm
- School backpacks, books etc. goes on the Bousquet Mountain bus with the child, items can be left on the bus during skiing/boarding.
- Food will be allowed on the bus and participants will be in charge of taking their trash off the bus. If trash becomes a problem we will not allow food on the bus. Food can be purchased at the Ski Lodge. No stops will be made along the trip.
- No one is allowed to go home from Bousquet Mountain by transportation other than the bus, unless written permission from a parent is given to a chaperone prior to the bus leaving MESMS.
- If the mountain has to close, Bousquet Mountain will offer a make-up date, however, transportation will only be provided if a bus is available.
- If school or after school activities are canceled then the Ski & Snowboard Club is canceled regardless of the weather
- If school is canceled and Bousquet Mountain is open, Bousquet Mountain will offer a make-up date. Transportation will only be provided if a bus is available.
The South Hadley Ski & Snowboard Club takes places on Wednesday nights for the following six weeks (weather dependent):
Wednesday, January 10, 2024
Wednesday, January 17, 2024
Wednesday, January 24, 2024
Wednesday, January 31, 2024
Wednesday, February 7, 2024
Wednesday, February 14, 2024
IF A SESSION IS CANCELLED MAKE-UP DATES DEPEND ON BOUSQUET MOUNTAIN AND BUS COMPANY AVAILABILITY
Bousquet Mountain: 413-442-8985
South Hadley Recreation Department: 413-538-5060 x6188
PROGRAM OPTIONS & COST
Option 1: SHRD Bus Fee Only (Bousquet Mountain Pass Holder) - $215.00
Option 2: SHRD Bus Fee & Lift Ticket (NO lesson or rental equipment) - $335.00
Option 3: SHRD Bus Fee & Lesson/Lift Ticket Package (NO rental equipment) - $455.00
Option 4: SHRD Bus Fee, Lift Ticket & Equipment Rental (NO lessons) - $430.00
Option 5: SHRD Bus Fee, Lesson/Lift Ticket Package & Equipment Rental - $550.00